There is something so satisfying about finding creative ways to repurpose things and give them new life. This large cross-body bag is made from pieces of curtains, pants, shirts and a belt that would otherwise be considered "out of style". But, if you ask me, it has now become eye-catching and charming!
Why this bag is "beta":
- This is a new creation for me! So, if you buy it, I'd love to know what you think of it.
- The magnetic button I used as a top closure... well, that sucker rusted when I washed the finished bag.
- It left rust stains inside the bag's lining.
- I tried to get the rust stains out, but to no avail!
- It. Was. Heart-wrenching. (I said so many swear words)
- I considered hiding it away for no one to ever see (or keeping it for myself, because only a mother can love a rust-stained bag-child like it deserves to be loved!)
- Call me crazy, but I literally had a dream that I needed to put this bag out into the world despite its imperfections. So, here it is. Flaws and all.
- The photos will unabashedly show you the stains in the lining. You can decide for yourself if these are a deal-breaker.
- Large, cross-body tote. Approximate dimensions (inches): 16L x 12H x 4D
- Colors: cream, brown, blue and red
- Fabric type: The majority of this bag is made from cotton dress pants and cotton twill curtains
- Has three pockets!
- There are two exterior pockets. One pocket has a button closure; the other is open (as the pictures will show you, it is the perfect size to fit a mini-journal)
- There is one zipper pocket inside
- Big enough for a few things such as: cell phone, keys, small wallet, and chapstick (for example)
- You can clip a pen/pencil into the plaid details on the strap (see photos)
- The front of the bag is decorated with applique plaid hot air balloons
- And of course, FREE SHIPPING, in the U.S.